for people just learning to paddle
canoeing lessons for beginners
$100 for one or two people
$25 per person, for larger groups
Private lessons are about 3 hours long
one hour of orientation on the beach
2 hours on the water
We will provide the canoe and gear, or bring your own canoe
We will happily meet you at a Portland area location that is most convenient for you. Some of our favorite locations for classes are: Vancouver Lake Regional Park, Cedaroak Boat Ramp – West Linn, Rooster Rock State Park – Columbia Gorge, George Rogers Park – Lake Oswego and Willamette Park – West Linn.
What we will cover in our beginners paddling classes:
- Handling a boat on shore
- Getting in and out of the boat safely
- Transporting your boat or board safely
- How to be safe on the water
- Introduction to the forward stroke basics for kayaks, SUPs, and canoes
- Basic instruction on how to work with a partner in a tandem boat
- Introduction to the USCA Sit and Switch method of paddling (for canoers)
- Basic tips on steering and keeping your boat straight with minimal effort
- Tips on how to select the paddle best for you
- Information on where to go for different types of paddling in Portland and Southwest Washington.
Text, or Call Jeff
We bring boats to people and people to water
We go the extra 600 miles!