Just learning to paddle?
Try our beginners class!
Private lessons $100
private solo, or tandem canoeing lesson
Private lessons are about 2 hours long
1/2 hour of orientation on the beach
1.5 hours on the water
We will provide the canoe and gear, or bring your own canoe
We will happily meet you at a Portland area location that is most convenient for you. Some of our favorite locations for classes are: Vancouver Lake Regional Park, Cedaroak Boat Ramp – West Linn, Rooster Rock State Park – Columbia Gorge, George Rogers Park – Lake Oswego and Willamette Park – West Linn.
What we will cover in our beginners paddling classes:
- Handling a boat on shore
- Getting in and out of the boat safely
- Transporting your boat or board safely
- How to be safe on the water
- Introduction to the forward stroke basics for kayaks, SUPs, and canoes
- Basic instruction on how to work with a partner in a tandem boat
- Introduction to the USCA Sit and Switch method of paddling (for canoers)
- Basic tips on steering and keeping your boat straight with minimal effort
- Tips on how to select the paddle best for you
- Information on where to go for different types of paddling in Portland and Southwest Washington.
Text, or call Jeff
Escape the madness…canoe
Free delivery – Free test paddles
We deliver fun!
Canoes for Sale – Click Here
Text, or call Jeff @ 503.956.0561