Vancouver Lake Class
Just learning to paddle?
Try our beginner’s lesson!
$100 min for up to two people | By appointment only
solo or tandem canoe class
canoe, lifejacket and paddles included
Lessons are about 2 hours long
1/2 hour of orientation on the beach
1.5 hours on the water
We will meet you for your canoeing class at Rooster Rock Oregon State Park or Hat Rock Oregon State Park
What we will cover in our beginners paddling lesson:
- Basic safe paddling protocols
- Handling a boat on shore
- Getting in and out of the boat safely
- Transporting your boat safely
- Introduction to the forward stroke basics for canoes
- Basic instruction on how to work with a partner in a tandem boat
- Introduction to the USCA Sit and Switch method of paddling (for canoers)
- Basic tips on steering and keeping your boat straight with minimal effort
Questions about canoeing classes in Oregon?
Please text, or call Jeff 503-956-0561
Paddle People – Portland, Oregon
Canoes & Trailers since 2015
We bring canoes to people and people to water
We go the extra 600 miles!