Vancouver Lake Class
Just learning to paddle?
Try our beginner’s lesson!
$50 per person | By appointment only
for solo, or tandem canoe
canoe, lifejacket and paddles included
Private lessons are about 2 hours long
1/2 hour of orientation on the beach
1.5 hours on the water
We meet you at the Portland area location that is most convenient for you. Some of our favorite locations for lessons are: Vancouver Lake Regional Park, Cedaroak Boat Ramp – West Linn, Rooster Rock State Park – Columbia Gorge, George Rogers Park – Lake Oswego and Willamette Park – West Linn.
What we will cover in our beginners paddling lesson:
- Basic safe paddling protocols
- Handling a boat on shore
- Getting in and out of the boat safely
- Transporting your boat safely
- Introduction to the forward stroke basics for canoes
- Basic instruction on how to work with a partner in a tandem boat
- Introduction to the USCA Sit and Switch method of paddling (for canoers)
- Basic tips on steering and keeping your boat straight with minimal effort
To schedule a COVID Safe lesson
Please text, or call Jeff 503-956-0561
We bring boats to people and people to water
We go the extra 600 miles!