Beginners Canoe, SUP, and Kayak Lessons
$35 per person – $50 per couple
Please contact us to schedule a lesson
Call, or text Jeff @ (503) 956-0561
Location: Milwaukie Bay Riverfront Park 2017
10722 SE Main St., Milwaukie, OR 97140
Classes for beginners are about 3 hours long, with one hour of beach instruction and 2 hours on the water.
Use your own boat or we can provide boats, boards, PFDs, and paddles.
Free lessons included with canoe, kayak or paddle board purchase.
Contact us to schedule a canoe, SUP or kayak class for beginners.
We will happily customize our classes to best meet your needs.
What we will cover in our beginners paddling classes:
- How to be safe on the water
- Introduction to the forward stroke basics for kayaks, SUPs, and canoes
- Basic instruction on how to work with a partner in a tandem boat
- Introduction to the USCA Sit and Switch method of paddling (for canoers)
- Basic tips on steering and keeping your boat straight with minimal effort (kayaks and canoes)
- Tips on how to select a paddle or boat
- Information on where to go for different types of paddling in Portland and Southwest Washington.
- More fun on the water
Paddle People – We bring boats to people and people to water – We go the extra 600 miles!